What is product tagging? Why does product tagging matter in fashion eCommerce? Product tagging is the process of assigning keywords to products. Assigning product tags in all visuals helps in improving catalog efficiency, product discovery, and overall shopper experience.
But most brands and retailers currently add tags and product specifications manually. This is tedious work that retailers and brands can automate by implementing AI-driven next generation product tagging solutions like Wide Eyes’ Auto-tagging solution.
This basic guide will walk you through how to add relevant product tags to all visuals and automatically.
The Basic Guide to Automated Product Tagging for Fashion eCommerce
AI-powered Auto-tagging solutions bring retailers the power to ‘read’ images. This knowledge about data can improve user experience on their site leading to growed interactions and consequently an increase of revenue.
To make it possible, fashion retailers need to have a catalog that is rich, consistent and accurate in information including product descriptions, titles, categories and more specific data like color, size, fit, sleeve and length.
In fashion Commerce, the product tagging must provide attributes that really make the difference, because every detail matters when it comes to fashion. In Wide Eyes Technologies, we use AI-powered visual recognition fashion-centric technology to automatically extract product attributes from fashion images.
By auto-tagging, in addition to enhance product tagging fashion retailers and brands can:
- Process more visuals and add new attributes
- Save time and costs
- Improve efficiency in catalog management (product tagging, image classification, feed management, etc.)
- Increase product SEO value and searchability
- Offer the ability to appreciate, analyze and perceive fashion images
Best practices to AI-powered Product Tagging Solution for eCommerce
Here, we highlight 6 uses cases of Wide Eyes’ Auto-tagging solution:
- Automated fashion product tagging: Manually typing tags for all products of catalog is tedious, time-consuming and sometimes not a very accurate job. Not only that but with rapidly changing inventory, the job is never done. In this sense, Wide Eyes helps fashion brands and eCommerce product managers manage, organize and enhance their product catalogs with rich metadata. Automating the product tagging process based on visual features, retailers save a lot time, efforts and costs, and improve efficiency in catalog management.
- Automated product description generator: Auto-tagging Solution from Wide Eyes technologies not only labels fashion products in all visuals, but also it automatically generates descriptions of fashion images. This AI API combines natural language processing and computer vision to create text descriptions from fashion images. This helps in reducing the back-office work and in increasing efficiency.
- Speed up the product onboarding process: One of the challenges of marketplaces or eCommerces with thousands or millions of products is the onboarding product process. Auto-tagging is useful, especially, during this process. Now the eCommerce product managers can automatically assign high quality tags to all catalogs, 10x faster. Curating and speeding up their workflows are the critical benefits of automatic product tagging.
- Turn visual content into a powerful tool: The assigning of keywords or tags to items’ UGC images is another challenge any eCommerce has to face. It’s an essential task that becomes more complex if you have to manage tons of images, and also if the images that come are without metadata. Using the AI Solutions of Wide Eyes Technologies based on deep learning and image recognition, they can not only assign relevant tags to every trending item that appears in the image automatically, but also add tags that make the difference based on visual characteristics.
- Improve customer experience: in today’s times, customer satisfaction is directly proportional to convenience and customer experience. When browsing on a website, product catalogs are the first touchpoint for customers. Better product descriptions and high-quality tagged Products result in better shopper experience leading to higher conversions.
- Enhance text search & search engine listings: Products must have the ability again to be found via browsing or searching. Poor descriptions, titles, and tags impact product searchability on the web. The advantage of adding rich and relevant tags like a pattern, neckline, style, sleeve length, style or occasion highlights all possible visual features and makes search results more accurate (personalized search) for customers, thus helping them narrow down their search to their specific preferences and increasing chances of conversions. The more relevant tags an image has, the greater probability products have to appear in specific search results from shoppers. This is one of the main uses of Wide Eyes’ Auto-Tagging API.
In conclusion, image recognition based tagging is an essential part of the catalog management process. A well-labeled catalog can help you right from saving costs with automated processes, to generating high-quality product data, to categorizing products better, to improving in product discovery and accurate searches on your website and search engines. Wanna talk?